Followers

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Here We Go Again!

They said we were going to get some snow, and we did.




















 Gary and I shoveled this morning and he went out again before supper.
(It's still snowing.)
 I decided to skip Agape and went to get a few things at Wegmans before the snow got any deeper. My plan was to make Corn Chowder.
Here is the recipe I used (but did not follow....exactly)
 This time I made the following changes: 2 onions, 3 stalks of celery, 3 cans of corn (one was creamed), 4 cups of broth, 2 cups of milk (not half and half), added chopped fresh peppers and 3 carrots.
Did not have any thyme or chives, but it was one of my best batches!
Needless to say, there are many variations.



 Before a late dinner I was in and out of napping while Gary went to 
Finn's last basketball game and a meeting.
 Instead of salad, we had apples, extra sharp cheddar cheese
 and fresh bagels.

 Phoebe and Little Wonder had scrambled eggs.
 Last week I ordered a funky quilt and pillow shams for our bed.
The box arrived today and I am very pleased.
 Now it's time to get out by the fire.

Night all.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Snowed here yesterday too then the ice storm. The corn chowder looks delicious. Love the new quilt too!

Dee said...

Dear Lori, if I were to read your postings before breakfast, lunch, or supper, I'd put on 10 pounds because I start salivating and that leads to the refrigerator and munching! So I read your post after I've had breakfast and then my stomach is full! Peace.