Followers

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Emily Knapp Museum

Warmed up to 80+ today.
I hope my second cutting grass was being baled!









 After chores I drove down to the Rec Center to check on the Chorus.
The parking lot was packed and
 the new space seemed to be working out very well.
 This was their first day, first new song and they had only been there for half an hour.
It's going to be a great group.  Moving from the Lodge On The Canal will take some getting
used to, but I think they were all pleasantly surprised.
 When I got back to the farm I had a great lunch.
Cherry tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and oil, pickled beets, Greek olives,
roasted red peppers, cheddar cheese and some crackers.
Such a delicious blending of flavors.

 At 2pm I headed back to the village as I was asked to do some sketches for a remodeling job in one of the rooms at the Emily Knapp Museum.


 Would you like to see what it looked like?


 This is  Sue S.  She is responsible for taking everything you see here and organizing it with the help of many volunteers.
 It is located in the same building as the Village Hall.






 There was only one light on in this room and it was just right.
My favorite shot of the day.



 Many friends of the museum have adopted pictures that have been conserved.
They are always looking for donations, if you are interested.
























 This is the room that I am sketching.  Everything will be removed and they will turn the west side into 4 storefronts, which will be filled with all kinds of things.








 My afternoon got out of hand, as I stopped at the Town Hall and went to Wegmans 
before going home.  Shamra stopped over as I told her I would be here.
....only I wasn't.
Gary had a dinner meeting so I picked up some lomain and sesame chicken at Weggies,
added some carrots and bananas and really enjoyed my dinner.
It sure is getting dark early.
Night all.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Wow! What an interesting post; I truly enjoyed my visit.
The Chorus sounds wonderful, if that was their first time singing together, you are in for a real treat.
Have a lovely day!
Connie :)