Followers

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Finally, a Bike Ride

The pups and I were out at sunrise.





 Chores were same old same old.
 Time to clean blankets and I'm starting with these sheets.
Hosed them off, hung the on the fence, they will get rained on tonight and I can 
wash them tomorrow.  So many more to do!




 After chores I grabbed a quick shower and decided to ride my trike down to the 
Rec Center where I had an appointment with Roger to hang up some art work.


 It's been a very long time....







 On the way down, there was a west wind and my front tire needed more air.
Slow going.
Fortunately Gary was delivering the bookcase he painted for this room and brought
along an air pump.
 Going home was much better.






 Gary grows a lot of milkweed to attract butterflies and he wanted me to take this photo today.
 I managed to make some croutons after I recovered,
 we picked raspberries....


 and I made a couple more big jars of preserves.
 I planned on making coleslaw for dinner, but the cabbage was not up to snuff so I made a salad with carrots, apples, craisins, grapes and walnuts.  Topped it with some fresh lemon juice
and a little mayo.  Tasted great.
 Gary grilled organic chicken and we finished up some leftover mac and cheese.
 After dinner I dropped off some goodies and glads at Jen's, then I went to Weggies.
On the way home the sunset was gorgeous.  Had to take a few shots with my phone since
my camera was on the kitchen table instead of in my purse.


 Night all.
PS
Right now it is in the high 50s and goin' down.

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Nice to take a bike ride and see the sights on a cool day. Gorgeous skies too!

Connie said...

A bike ride sounds so sweet. It has been about four years since my last one, it was with our daughter and granddaughters on one of their bikes and the narrow seat was painful, LOL. I love visiting your blog and seeing your photos . . . you find beauty in all the moments on your day. That's something we all need to be doing.
Thanks for sharing.
Connie :)

Ellie's friend from canada said...

Congratulations on the bike ride and the butterflies to be!!

Val Ewing said...

What a beautiful bike ride! Wow! We have such steep hills here and I live on gravel roads which are not as nice to ride on. However I am now walking with the neighbor kids from the bus stop a few times a week!