Followers

Sunday, July 2, 2017

This and That...

At this time of the year the sun rises behind Gary's barn 
and I can't get great shots in the morning.

 The entire day was bright and the humidity was much lower than it was yesterday.

















 After chores I replaced a pin in the deck of the (old pasture) lawn tractor and finished
mowing the big pasture.  They are all in pretty good shape now.

 When Gary got home from his duty at the Welcome Center he spent much of the afternoon
 gardening.
 Great progress.
 Finally, he realizes we have too many gardens and next year we are going to reduce the veggie part by 50-75%.  Just can't keep up.

 We had a great time at our Sunday Jam.
 There were 6 of us and we worked on several new songs and
some of our old standards.  Next Sunday we are playing at the Farm Market (again).
 Lots of progress and no hassles.
 Before going to the jam I made some mac salad.  On the way home I stopped at Wegmans for a major load of food and ended up having corn on the cob and grilled turkey Italian sausage with peppers and onions for dinner.  Picnic time.
 Chore duty tonight...wore my nightgown.





 This is the first time they mowed the lawn in the back forty.  It sure looks much nicer...
and the 5 Yorkies (who live there) have not visited the pasture for weeks.  I think they are getting used to their new home.





 I think I am going to start a new book.
Night all.

2 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Pretty much the same here with the weather - I could use a fly-mask when I go out, it's so buggy these days, isn't it?

Hope you have a great 4th - Can you believe it's July already?

Grey Horse Matters said...

You're gardens are beautiful and fruitful! But it's a lot of hard work. With less gardening you'll both have time for more fun!